3. A more effective justice system with greater Aboriginal control
3.1 The needs of Aboriginal people are met through a more culturally informed and safe system
3.1.1 Justice programs and services are more culturally safe, responsive, inclusive and effective
Court Services Victoria
Where we are up to
A project officer was engaged by Court Services Victoria to explore the following projects:
- Aboriginal Community Justice Reports – assessing the suitability (safeguards) and the types of reports for Court Services Victoria (CSV)
- Koori Programs on Country – explore models and options for sentencing in community settings
- Healing Court - Multi jurisdictional or multi program
- Diversion – Cultural diversion.
Site visits as part of this work have been delayed due to COVID-19.